You won’t need your swim trunks or flippie-floppies for these islands, but you will need some creativity. The Island is a kitchens annoying best friend, always the center of attention, but would be incomplete without them. We take our islands for granted and frankly don’t utilize them to their full potential or give them the design love they deserve. You can use these tips to make your island the true center piece of your kitchen.
- Make your island an accent piece by making it a different shade or a completely different color from the rest of your kitchen Cabinets.
- Use Lighting over your island to make it more inviting, this is a gathering point in your kitchen, we wouldn’t want people to forget who the center of attention is.
- Style is important, but don’t forget to make your island functional. Shelves could be a fun option to store your cookbooks or wine.
- Every good island has great seating, the right seating can completely change the feel of your space.
- Your island can make for a great work space, think about adding a trash cabinet, or a sink to increase productivity.
Your Kitchen is your own and no one can make it more perfect than you. Be creative and don’t be afraid to add your own personality.